Here I am again.
A feast or a famine - that's me.
Anyway, whilst I have been away from you, I have been stitching, so I have a bit to show.
I thought I would start here with Amaryllis Artworks Quaker Ball.
There was a lot of debate about how big the finished article might be, with arguments about whether the given measurement was the circumference or the diameter. It clearly states Circumference, but this did not satisfy everyone!
I chose to stitch the middle size, fearing that the smaller one might be a bit tricky to manipulate for finishing.
And I liked the colours!
It was charted for 32 count linen, but I had a nice piece of 34 (or 35?) so I used that. I began by using two strands of the recommended WDW but didn't much like the effect so stitched over two with one strand.
Also, it had a border of chain stitch and I began this stitching with a confident toss of the head - after all I could chain stitch when I was five years old.
Mmm - I pulled it out because it was so wobbly it was untrue, even following the running stitch guide and resorted to my usual back stitch.
I am halfway through joining now. The finishing is easy, just a bit tedious. The instructions and diagrams ate excellent.
The ball overall will be bigger than expected ( see above ) but the joining squares are less than an inch when the edges are turned in.
These are the pieces of the second half of the ball, just starting to join them.
And this is the first half completely joined, still with some tacking stitches showing.
Love Irene xxx
PS. I am still experimenting with BlogPress and have changed the picture size. The results can't be seen until the post is published. If they are far too big, or just silly, I apologise in advance.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad